NMEA Performing Ensembles
The 2013 Performing Ensemble application is now available.
Those who wish to submit an application for a performing ensemble for the 2013 NMEA Conference may do so by adhering to the guidelines and completing the application.
• The Nebraska Music Educators Association will sponsor the 2013 NMEA In-service Conference/Clinic in Lincoln, Nebraska, Thur-Sat, Nov 21-23
• Each application will be referred to the Selection Committee with final decision determined by the committee.
• ALL Application information should be completed on a CD and returned by mail.
• Application Postmark Deadline MAY 1.
1. Conductors must be a current member of NAfME/NMEA. The person completing this application must be the person actually conducting the ensemble.
2. By completing this application I agree that, if selected, I will follow the allotted set-up/prep time and rehearsal time-frame set by NMEA policy. No additional time will be permitted in the performance venue. Please consider this carefully when determining the type of ensemble for audition.
3. Application form must be completed and postmarked no later than May 1st.
The CD with conductor photo, conductor bio, and ensemble bio must be sent with the completed application form.
4. Conductor photo MUST be included on a CD and accompany the application in order to be considered.
• Photos should be high resolution (300 dpi or better) in .jpg format .
• Photos may be color or black/white.
5. Conductor bio MUST be included on a CD and accompany the application in order to be considered.
• Conductor bio (150 word maximum) MUST be in MS Word.
6. Ensemble bio MUST be included on the CD and accompany the application in order to be considered.
• Ensemble bio (150 word maximum) MUST be in MS Word .
7. A photo of your ensemble is required only if accepted for a performance at the Conference. That photo will be due September 10 and should be sent in .jpg format by email.
8. Recordings must be in a digital format and included on CD (DVD for Show Choir).
• Recordings should include three selections with some variety.
• Recordings must be recorded during the 2012-13 school year.
9. All recordings should be identified on the exterior but NOT on the sound portion.
10. All applications and recordings should be sent first class or priority mail. (Delivery Confirmation is recommended.)
11. All expenses, travel risks, and chaperonage of ensembles are to be covered entirely through local efforts.
12. Only the ensemble that auditions (other than soloists or accompaniment chamber ensemble) may perform at the conference, if selected.
13. Ensembles that performed at the 2011 or 2012 Conference will not be eligible to perform in 2013.
The following ensembles performed during the 2012 NMEA Confernence/Clinic in November. Congratulations to all ensembles and directors!
Ainsworth High School B.E.A.T. Kim Bejot Chadron State College Concert Choir Joel Schreuder Concordia University Symphonic Band Andrew J. Schultz Doane Choir Kurt Runestad Heartland Community Flute Choir Christine Beard Kearney High School Chorale Clayton Moyer Lincoln East High School Symphony Orchestra Del Whitman Lincoln Southeast High School Court Choir Melissa Noonan Omaha Area Youth Orchestras Youth Symphony Aviva Segall Omaha Central High School A Cappella Choir Lyn Bouma Omaha Central High School Wind Ensemble Pete Wilger and Tom Cosby University of Nebraska at Omaha
Tomm Roland andScott Shinbara
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Symphonic Wind Ensemble
James Saker University of Nebraska Kearney Choraleers David Bauer University of Nebraska-Lincoln Jazz Orchestra Eric Richards